Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

The Start of Summer

Today marked the end of spring classes. That's one thing off my back and now I can concentrate on summer. That started today too. We did swim testing for camp, which I wasn't as prepared for as I would have liked to be, but only 12 kids showed up, so it didn't really matter. I hope that means that a lot of the camp kids have been in the swim program or were at camp last year and haven't swam since. I'm anxious to get the camp lists so I can start making groups.

Orientation for the big camp at UIC starts this week. I'm excited to be a part of that because I had so much fun last year, but I'm worried I won't get enough time in my office to get everything done.

I also had an interview. I'm a little anxious about that too because the job sounds great, the right next step. It's a great program, more administrative work, an increase in pay, and great professional development support. They also have a great relationship with my supervisors and new professional contacts at my part-time job. So I'm anxious to hear back from them but also that if I do hear back, it's terrible timing for such a great opportunity. I'd love to complete my camp commitment, but they did say I'd have the opportunity to discuss how much time my current job would need to fill my position with my supervisor.

There's a lot to think about, but I'm doing my best to focus on camp and prepared for the summer the best I can. Either way, it should be a good summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?